YOUR COMBINATION FOR SUCCESS IN 2012!
How do I sound with this header? Before you conclude, listen to what I have to say.
As the New Year is rolling in, we need to prepare. If you know me, I’ve never been for all those fire-brigade, New Year’s Eve approaches. Life has no rehearsal, everyday is opening night. So, we’ve got to be deliberate in our approach. That’s why I’m doing this now that we still have some 16 days to the year’s end.
Earlier, I have shared about reviewing the outgoing year. You can read it here. Here I want to encourage you on some specifics:
1. Set specific GOALS for every area of your life for 2012. Where there is no vision, people run around in circles (see Proverbs 29:18). If you won’t be spinning your wheels, come 2012, sit down now and write down concrete goals for the coming year. For your spiritual life, your career, your family, your health, your mental development, your finances. Leave no part untouched.
2. Now develop a PLAN for achieving those goals with deadlines (see Luke 14:28). Remember, plans are nothing, planning is everything! If wishes were horses, even beggars would ride.
3. Develop a burning DESIRE for those goals. Desire is a fire. A burning desire is the greatest motivator for every action. Blind Bartimaeus had it (see Mark 10:46-52). The woman with an issue of blood too (see Mark 5:25-34). How bad do you want those goals in 2012? What price are you willing to pay? As for me, I’m going the whole length.
4. You will need POSSIBILITY THINKING in 2012. Your mindset must be on winning (see 1 Corinthians 9:24). Develop confidence in yourself and your ability to achieve those goals you have set for yourself. You are well able. You can do whatever it is you have set out to do (see Numbers 13:30; Philippians 4:13).
5. Finally, I will suggest you develop dogged DETERMINATION to follow through on your dreams. Success in any endeavor will not come cheap. So make up your mind now!
I believe in you. YOU WILL SUCCEED in 2012!