Praise and Prayer – Great Combo!
“And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God…” (Acts 16:25)
I had always believed and taught that prayer must begin and end in praises. Philippians 4:6 says to, “Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.”
It takes a combination of both (prayer and praise) to break through your midnight hour. Praise is prayer taken a notch higher.
Prayer versus Praise
1. The Prayer of a righteous man availeth much (James 5:16-17) but the Praises of a righteous man availeth God! (Psalm 22:3)
2. God answers Prayers (Psalm 65:1, 5) but He lives inside Praise! (Psalm 22:3)
3. Prayer may be the key but Praise is the answer!
4. Prayer is God’s telephone line but Praise is His house address!
5. You may pray amiss (James 4:3) but you can’t Praise God amiss!
6. Prayer moves mountains (Mark 11:22-24) but Praise moves the mountain-moving God! And like I’ve said earlier, I don’t care about moving mountains, I only care about moving God! When I move God, He’ll move my mountains for me!
Posted on February 6, 2012, in Attitude, Bible, Church, Encouragement, Faith, Inspiration, Ministry, Motivation, Praise, Prayer, Spiritual Growth, Worship and tagged Attitude, Bible, Decision, Faith, god, Hope, Inspiration, Praise, Prayer, righteousness, Spiritual Life, Worship. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.