20 DEFINITIONS YOU HAVE TO CHECK OUT (part 1)
Words convey meaning. If you are like me, when I come across a word and do not understand its meaning, I reach for the dictionary. But here I am attempting to share with you thoughts from different people, myself included, on the meaning of some words. Please think about them because the definitions you’re about to read are not in your everyday dictionary. May you be blessed!
1. MEDIOCRITY is a region bounded on the north by compromise, on the south by indecision, on the east by past thinking, and on the west by a lack of vision. – John C. Mason
2. COMPROMISE is accepting what we don’t believe because we refuse to fight for what we do believe. – Casey Treat
3. WORRY is an old man with a bended head carrying a load feathers he thinks is lead. – Corrie Ten Boom
4. FEAR is the dark room where negatives are developed. – Unknown
5. A LEADER is a man who knows the road, who can keep ahead, and who pulls others after him. – John R. Mott
6. OBSTACLES are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off the goal. – Hannah More
7. HARDSHIP is only a HARD ship. Stay on board, it is taking you somewhere! – Yomi Olufiade
YOU WILL SUCCEED!
Posted on March 28, 2012, in Bible, Books & Reading, Business, Choice, Desire, Destiny, Encouragement, Excellence, Inspiration, Leadership, Mentoring, Mind, Motivation, Personal Development, Purpose, Quotes, Success and tagged Attitude, Bible, Books & Reading, Change, courage and confidence, Decision, Excellence, Faith, Hope, Inspiration, Leadership, Legacy, Mentoring, Mind, Purpose, risk, Spiritual Life, Success, Wisdom, Work. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.