7 THINGS TO BE THANKFUL FOR
In life there are so many things to be thankful for. But what of those things that are not so pleasant that you wonder, “Why be thankful for this?” Here I share seven everyday scenarios wherein we should be thankful (that was a random pick though, feel free to add yours. I’m waiting to hear it.)
You should be thankful for:
• Your dustbin when it’s getting filled. It means you’ve been having something to eat!
• Your cooking pot when it gets black with smoke. It means you’ve had something to cook. Only God knows how many families go to bed hungry nightly!
• Your washtub when it’s full of dirty dishes. That means you’ve been having something to eat.
• Your kids when they exasperate you. If you are still trusting God for the fruit of the womb, would there be any of them troubling you?
• Your job, when you are passed over for a promotion. If you don’t have a job, would you be thinking of promotion?
• The privilege when your clients owe you money. What if you didn’t even have products or services to sell?
• The times when you miss your flight or your flight is cancelled (don’t be picky with me now). Who actually knows or can tell what you really missed?
My reason for bringing up this is because I found out I am tempted to focus on the not-so-positive that I take for granted the fact that good and bad are two faces of the same coin. Always check on the other side of the coin before you grumble. Let us learn to be thankful, always!
Paul puts it in these words: “Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.” (Phil. 4:4) “In everything give thanks…” (1 Thess. 5:18)
Alright now, add yours to this list of things to be thankful for. YOU WILL SUCCEED!
Posted on July 4, 2012, in Attitude, Bible, Choice, Encouragement, Failure, Family, God, Mentoring, Praise, Success and tagged Attitude, Bible, Faith, Family Life, god, Hope, Mentoring, Praise, Worship. Bookmark the permalink. 5 Comments.