“Be cheerful no matter what, pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live.” (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, The Message)
Category Archives: Praise
Looking for a solution to worrying? Here is it: ancient truth for modern times. Try it, it works!
“Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.” (Philippians 4:6-7, The Message)
“Celebrate God all day, everyday. I mean, revel in Him!”
(Philippians 4:4, The Message)
In life there are so many things to be thankful for. But what of those things that are not so pleasant that you wonder, “Why be thankful for this?” Here I share seven everyday scenarios wherein we should be thankful (that was a random pick though, feel free to add yours. I’m waiting to hear it.)
You should be thankful for:
• Your dustbin when it’s getting filled. It means you’ve been having something to eat!
• Your cooking pot when it gets black with smoke. It means you’ve had something to cook. Only God knows how many families go to bed hungry nightly!
• Your washtub when it’s full of dirty dishes. That means you’ve been having something to eat.
• Your kids when they exasperate you. If you are still trusting God for the fruit of the womb, would there be any of them troubling you?
• Your job, when you are passed over for a promotion. If you don’t have a job, would you be thinking of promotion?
• The privilege when your clients owe you money. What if you didn’t even have products or services to sell?
• The times when you miss your flight or your flight is cancelled (don’t be picky with me now). Who actually knows or can tell what you really missed?
My reason for bringing up this is because I found out I am tempted to focus on the not-so-positive that I take for granted the fact that good and bad are two faces of the same coin. Always check on the other side of the coin before you grumble. Let us learn to be thankful, always!
Paul puts it in these words: “Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.” (Phil. 4:4) “In everything give thanks…” (1 Thess. 5:18)
Alright now, add yours to this list of things to be thankful for. YOU WILL SUCCEED!
Prayerlessness is the worst sin.
Prayerlessness will lead to godlessness.
Prayerlessness will result in lost vision.
Prayerless men will replace praying with playing.
Prayerlessness is a disaster. It results in selfishness.
“Men ought always to pray and not to faint,” Jesus said. (See Luke 18:1)
“Pray without ceasing,” Paul admonished. (See 1 Thessalonians 5:17)
Pray when you feel like it.
Pray also, when you don’t feel like praying, for that is even when you need it the most.
Pray even if it’s only a shout for “help!” from God. Prayer is your breath. It is the believer’s staff enabling him to walk with God in the world.
Dear friend, PRAY, PRAY, and PRAY! I think it would be okay if I wish you this: “Have a prayerful weekend.” You will succeed!
If you enjoy this, you’ll also like this